When spring rolls around, homeowners take better account of their homes because they know that the rainy season is upon them. Water damages can occur from storms including hurricanes, floods, tornadoes and more. Dealing with them becomes frustrating for most. This is why professionals offer water restoration.
Water restoration is the act of removing water from a home or business safely. Water damages are described by the losses. Depending on how sever the water becomes, a home or business can becomes a total loss.
Insurance policies are vital when dealing with flooding because it covers the homeowner and their personal items. Some states do not acknowledge flood insurance. States like Florida get a lot of rain from a hurricane that is common to flooding.
The cost to have water restoration done differs from house to house. There is never a set fee for this type of professional service. There are a few basics that can be factored into the cost. The following help set the prices for a contractor:
- Volume of flooding
- Water damage
- Dry out process
- Mold remediation
Trying to beat mold after a flood is like trying to run uphill quickly. It will happen within the first 24-48 hours. Mold spores populate very quickly and can take over an entire home or office immediately. Mold remediation is needed when this occurs.
Mold testing is something that a well-trained eye can perform. There are testing kits in local home good stores, but they are not affective and call for further attention from labs which ends up costing more. Mold inspections can help locate mold in hidden areas.
Mold inspectors and remediation contractors are licensed and insured. They normally work from a contract which helps bind the job to them as well as the customer. Water damage restoration is not considered to be an overnight project.
Most places offer emergency services so that they can attend to the water issues quickly. Water can be coming from a bad water heater or rainstorm. Either way, it has to be taken care of when it finally crests.
In order to optimize the damages caused by flood water, restoration specialists need to be called in. They have trained technicians that can attend to the needs of their customers whenever they need them the most.
Getting a home restored to its natural setting is something that only professionals have the means to do. Drying services are necessary as they can help get furniture and carpeting restored. The act of dehumidification is the art of taking moisture out from the air.
There are certain steps which should be followed for all who spot flood waters coming into the home. It does not matter if the flooding is occurring in a commercial structure or the home.
The following steps are mandatory:
- Shut main breaker off in electric panel
- Keep inventory of everything that is damaged
- Flee home if water gets too high
- Observe pets and children for safety precautions
Sometimes though, flooding happens due to poorly installed or aged plumbing items. This is something that happens more sporadically and cannot be planned for. When this happens, it is necessary to shut off the main water valve in the home and call in a plumber as well as a restoration specialist.
There are plenty of benefits of hiring a water restoration service. Just knowing that a contractor takes special care of a home brings peace of mind. Hiring a contractor for the job brings about the following advantages over a DIY approach:
- They posses specialized equipment
- Will keep home and family members safe
- Are knowledgeable in flood water extraction
Water damage is one of the most dangerous things to have happen in a home as it causes lots of unforeseen problems. Water can cause health problems as it is unsafe and very unsanitary.
Water damage can be tough, but there are specialists out there who can provide restoration services. Flood water restoration can prevent mold from spreading throughout a home as well as eliminating the chances of the homeowner losing everything.
Extraction and Mitigation Services
- Powerful truck mounted and portable extraction units remove water
- Heavy-duty submersible and gas-powered pumps eliminate high water level
- Efficient drying equipment prevents metal corrosion, swelling, warping of floors, walls and furniture
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers and other meters measures moisture saturation
- Thorough inspection of hidden damage from water and attention to structural issues such as sub-floors, floor coverings, drywalls, trim/baseboards and painting
Drying and Dehumidification
- Industrial dehumidifiers remove water and moisture from drywall, plaster, paint, cement, carpets, insulations and basements
- Advanced drying equipment return high humidity and moisture to normal levels
- State-of-the-art sanitizing agents, germicides and anti-microbial treatments to stop growth of bacteria, fungi, mildew and harmful microorganisms Advanced mold remediation equipment such as negative air machines, air scrubbers, HEPA vacuums, and personal protection equipment to remove all mold spores from the floors, ceilings, walls and ductwork